It's based on RoyalTek REB-4216 GPS module, and the footprints is compatible with Arduino/MEGA boards. The regular GPS pins (RX, TX) can be connected to D0-D7 of Arduino.
Adding GPS to your Arduino has never been easier. Multiple GPS receivers attach easily to the shield, and with the example sketch (check below), you will be able to locate your exact position within a few meters. Here's where we are. GPS also gives you amazingly accurate time! It’s suitable for the following applications with Arduino or Arduino compatible boards :
- Automotive navigation
- Personal positioning
- Fleet management
- Marine navigation
- With Micro SD interface
- Active antenna design with high receive sensitivity, compatible normal antenna
- Extremely fast time to first fix at low signal level
- UART interface
- Operation temperature: -40℃ ~ +85℃
Please visit our wiki page for more info about this product. It will be appreciated if you can help us improve the documents by correcting the errors, adding more demo codes or tutorials.
For technical support, please open a ticket on Itead Support System.
|Board Size||56mm x 54mm|
- DC_gps_logger.zip2012-05-11 15:53:290.7KB
- DS_IM120417017_ArduinoGPSshield.pdf2012-05-16 02:42:47362.4KB
- NEO-6_DataSheet_(GPS.G6-HW-09005).pdfNot availableNot available
- SF_u-center_5.07_Installer.zip2012-05-11 15:51:096380.9KB
- SCH_IM120417017_ArduinoGPSshield.pdf2012-05-11 15:49:0629.6KB
- REB_4216_operational_manual_v0.55_20120912.pdf2014-06-09 09:10:34709.8KB
- Great shield Review by Xatru
Price Value Quality
to get the example to work, which is listet in download section.
Currently I started to play around with the gps shield. (Posted on 2/20/14)
- Fun to play with - great value Review by George
Quality Price Value
I'm currently displaying lat, lon, time & date, number of sats visible , speed in mph and even altitude in feet.
I had to hack the TinyGPS header and cpp library a bit to write a function for altitude in feet but it works well.
My wife is fascinated with it when we drive around and she can see the altitude changes as well as our speed and lat-lon coordinates.
Great value for the functionality provided.
I just ordered a second one to make a NTP time server that derives it's time from GPS. This will allow me to keep my network time synced to within a few nanoseconds. (Posted on 9/9/12)
- Good job Review by Frank
Value Quality Price